Friday, February 5, 2010

Sunshine and Vacation in February






WOW.
It has been a long time of conscious teaching, and I'm not done... but I have a week breather without class.
The sun was so sparkly and inviting today I wanted to run to the mountains. Dave loves a good bar of soap -- I mean a good bar, AND he needs a new swimsuit (no more Walmart fall apart in the wash kind) so I just wanted to take my family to Banff and buy him those things and see the mountains and feel like we were on vacation for a bit. Sigh.
We came home instead to a kitchen needing tending and the boys floor in their room covered in Legos that needed sorting.
Sigh.
So, no vacation for me away from home, but at least a bit of time to share. So, that's why I'm finally writing my blog.
As you can see by the pictures, the boys have joined karate! They're pretty excited, although we only meet once a week in Standard, it's a way to exercise their mind and body.
Weston's been enjoying the snow more now that it's not so bitterly cold.
He and Donovan are pretty into the Olympic mascots Quatchi, Sumi, and Migu -? Anyway, Donovan's making an olympic poster and the torch passed through Drumheller a couple weeks ago.
A year ago I was packing up for my trip to Boston and Cambridge, and now I'm longing to write on my play.
Another sigh.
I will. I will. But I do have some grading to do first.

No comments: