Saturday, April 3, 2010

CAN-MORE, a new reflection






Most of what we've been doing since we arrived has been eating swimming and sleeping --oh, and movie watching, of course. The mountains outside my window beg me to come explore, but my boys would much rather stay in the pool right here, twice a day.
So, we are doing a lot of swimming. This is all of our swim heads pressed into the frame of the screen. The boys eyes are even redder today from looking for things on the bottom of the pool.
Thankfully, we did get out to the mini ski basin at the base of the Nordic center here (just a kilometer or two away) and tried out Weston's new handled snowboard. It was fun, but they had trouble balancing, until Weston just sat down on it. We were so glad to find some snow nearby, so we didn't have to travel to Banff yet.
It has been a challenge being with the boys 24/7 and not having that window when they're in school to get our own work done. The boys are constantly demanding their wishes be met and Dave and I are exhausted.
Some things you can't escape with vacation; in fact some things become more exaserated.
I was so proud of myself for planning out so many scrumptious meals and packing all my supplies, but now I'm embarrassed because I didn't account for leftovers. I'm having to keep adding water to our pea soup because the lentils keep soaking it up each day, but then it never runs out! How am I going to take it home? Sigh.
Still, I'm grateful for the change of scenery.
Except the mirrors. I am not used to seeing myself in a full length mirror as we don't have one at home. It's depressing.
Now I can see what my whole body looks like, and I'm not too pleased. Sigh.
I hope to get into a new routine when we get back. I'll have to, or I won't achieve all I'm committed to do. Sigh.
I will try and take a nap today.

No comments: