Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Something to look forward to...

I love my new bag.

It’s a rolling backpack

And it’s cayenne pepper colored

And it’s mine.

It’s compact, but with secret compartments, 

and there are little things already packed in it.


It’s my getaway bag. 

 It is waiting for me to take it overseas.                                                   To Scotland.
In August, I will travel to a land I have never sensed before save movies and storybooks. 

   


  I will attend a conference in St. Andrews and then venture north to a tiny place in Wick where I will reside at Freswick Castle and hope to connect with one of my heroes: Murray Watts.

Murray wrote The Miracle Maker, my favorite Jesus story, as well as the author of my favorite children’s Bible, 
and many other plays I’ve never seen.

All this came about rather suddenly, for if you had asked me last year if I would be in Scotland in 2012, I would laugh and look at you suspicious and go, “no... why?”




Mom and Dad travelled long and far to bring me my bag, that I ordered on line, that had my new tiny camera and various other precious Oregon delights inside.  It was a covert operation.  
And now it sits

I love my bag, and it tells me I have a secret mission coming up 
(OK, not so secret anymore) 

but it tickles me to know it is there...


Waiting.

No comments: