Saturday, July 7, 2018

Unwinding; Day 2

Day Two of my "Year to Clear What is Holding You Back".

This day spoke of letting the wind up toy unwind at a steady pace... and suggested that letting go is something that begins now, but is evidenced later.  I found that true and intriguing.

But then it didn't tell me to do anything.

No task, no challenge, no goal...

It just invited me to notice my impatience with wanting to achieve action and feel accomplishment.

First, unwind...

Okay.

Sigh...

Hmm... Noticing my impatience kinda makes it subside.

...

Today I monitored the Rosebud Gallery.  Usually no one really shows up for the first hour, and I can often get some good writing or soul-searching done.  --But not this time!  I was caught chatting with Morris out at his garden when a four folks started coming up the steps.  I broke off with Morris, vaulted past them, and flicked on the lights lickety-split.

Then more kept coming!

Angelina from the Rosebud Collective whose art is also in the space, came and we sat and chatted about art and surrounded by art.  We are both moms and busy and both excited to make art, but not as confident as we should be, and both like bold colours.  It was nice.

Then I played the piano a bit

And then I continued to weave the story of the Red Deer River Valley series of water-colours flowing around the room and pointing out the on-stage alcove where the Rosebud Artists (Angelina and I included) had work on the walls as well.

I had lots to say and lots of people came through.

So...

Rather than get to my private ambitions, I ended up being available to connect with patrons.

That is not the same as unwinding,

but it is not a winding up either.

{In my head when I write "either" I hear "EYE-ther"; my father likes to point out to me that I no longer sound American acc. to him because he says "EEther".  I don't know which is which, but EYEther makes sense to my ear.)

So...

"Unwind" is likely a great verb to focus on before any new tasks...

I'm grateful to Weston for hiking the nearby hill with me after supper, and now

I will now commence with an episode of my favourite series: "Call the Midwife".

(photos by Weston Snider)

No comments: