Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Boys...





I really have so much to be thankful for.  I came home late from the show last night to discover both my boys asleep on the coach under blankets.  They were end to end and snuggled in like sardines.  Donovan has had two days off again because of parent-teacher interviews and they have had a hay day playing together.  They stumbled upon Mario on youtube and now their latest fetish besides Pokemon and TMNT is dressing up as Mario and Luigi.  Ha.  They even talk in a mozzarella style Italian dialect.  It really makes me laugh.
But the best part was this morning (a "sleep in" morning, mind you)  --who comes knocking at our bedroom door at 6:54am but two brothers, bringing us breakfast in bed on cookie sheet trays!  I hadn't even heard them rummaging in the kitchen!  I hear my sleepy froggy voice, "Oh, isn't this special!" as I struggle to open my eyes.  They made two large bowls of cold cereal (already milked) and just the way they like it: four different kinds with applesauce on top and peanut butter on the side, smearing down the edge into the pool of sludge... er, breakfast.  Oh, how I wish I could have gotten more sleep on this two show day... but how can you deny the love and glee of these two early risers? 
"Do you know why we did it?" asks Weston, eyes all aglow in his flannel pajamas, "Because Christmas is coming!!"  "Oh" Dave and I smile and nod.  "No," says Donovan, "we did it just because we love you."
That does not happen very often.

No comments: