Friday, December 19, 2008




I've gotta be quick.
Oooh it's sooooo cold out.  My nostril hairs freeze even through my scarf.  You can't breathe the air outside straight; it'll only make you cough and gasp.  Tiny sparkles are constantly falling: all the moisture in the air is frozen.  Thankfully we're snug and warm inside and the snow is still so very white everywhere.  
Today we went in the Donovan's class for his last day of school Christmas Party.  They did a Polar Express theme and Dave was great as the conductor.  He punched all their tickets as they kids got on the "train" in their pajamas.  Weston got to join too as "the boy in the blue robe."  Then Dave read them the story and I did sound effects.  At the end Ms. Anderson passed out little silver bells and then we did the tap dance number from "Hot Chocolate" and all the kids got to have some.  Pretty silly and pretty fun.  When do they learn in school these days?  Seems like movies and parties and concerts have been the theme of the whole week!  (I know, I sound like an old fashioned parent.)  We had fun.
Then it was off to the shows for me and the start of Christmas vacation for Donovan.  He's already on the computer drawing and both he and Weston chafe at any mention of work as though we're robbing them of their long awaited freedom.
Dave's gearing up for next term's "Troy Women" on the Studio stage; he'll direct.  He's so excited.  I can't wait to wrap Christmas presents... but I have to wait because I'm booked solid still.  Tomorrow is our last morning of Greek and we made Baklava and Spanikopita!!  Hip hip hooray!  It'll be an early morning again, so here's hoping I have voice.  Ahh.  I have such a longing to sit back and watch movies!!

No comments: