Friday, December 12, 2008

A Little flurry in the midst...





The snow is really coming down now and we're nearly socked in.  I'm fortunate I only have to walk  2 blocks to work!
This week has again been full of family and little extra time to blog.  I catch 15 minutes here while Dave says HE is inspired to make dinner: mac & cheese from scratch!  I think all this snow is making him crave comfort food!
Yesterday Donovan set up an advent candle table in our kitchen.  This idea of sacrament and ritual is very dear to him.  We said a little prayer and he lit all the candles.  He can't wait for Christmas.  He went to a real mass with his school and was smitten with all the liturgical ways of worship.  I think we can learn from him about appreciating tradition and incorporating the senses more in church.
Weston and Daddy had a blast yesterday sledding in the snow in the backyard.  It was warm then, but now it's supposed to get down to 20 below.
I took a picture of myself after coming in from the show late last night in my cap and hood wrap.  I was feeling a little bit pleased because I thought I did a good job in the show.  I had to answer a difficult question from a man near the back.  He went on and on saying his wife was so attractive that men always stare.  (This was fine, but then he kept exaggerating.)  He went on to say that they went to a shoe store and couldn't get any service because the men were just staring, and then he added that they had to go back dressed as the Amish just to get service.  Everybody laughed at this and I knew I was dealing with a wise cracker!  I told him first to get down on his knees and thank the Good Lord for a wife, and an attractive one at that.  Then I reminded him that he should connect to her heart, because this is the part that is likely to grow and not fade away.  I challenged him to love her even when her hair is falling out.  Then I acknowledged the problem of staring.  I said, "Gentlemen, when you look at a woman, look at her face."  Everybody laughed long after that, then I said a woman wants to know that you are interested in who she is and that wanting to know her as a person is more loving.  Then I finally asked women to be understanding for men like beauty like a child loves candy.  --It was scary, as usual, but I was glad to get to come at this issue from many angles.  I also told him I didn't believe the part about the Amish (actually I didn't believe any of his question) but I was glad I didn't go into that part.
So, the play is continuing to keep me on my toes.  Only 14 shows left!  We still haven't finished decorating for Christmas... sigh.
Weston and Dave finished their gumdrop bridge today, so at least things feel crafty and productive.
My time is up.
Merry (white) Christmas!

No comments: