Saturday, November 28, 2009

Snow!












Finally... We got SNOW!

Weston was so excited yesterday he went out early in the day before it really started sticking and slid down the grass. Such a crazy.
Later Weston and I went to see the opening of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown", and later our WHOLE FAMILY went to the Mercantile and then on to the theatre for "Christmas in Wales." We had some comp tickets and the sold out show had some cancellations because of the weather, so there was room. Believe me, we did our best to make a dent in the buffet! It was kind of our Thanksgiving feast.
I was glad the boys loved the show. They really cracked up; and they stayed awake for the whole thing! During intermission Weston insisted we play the game they started on stage, so we spent the whole time saying things like, "The minister's cat is a slinky cat." "The minister's cat is a stinky cat." "The minister's cat is a silent cat" and so on. It was wonderful to hear them giggling. They really picked up on it seeing it for a second time. And the play itself was a little more accessible this time around than from the first preview. I think it might have been the snow. Christmas seemed to be hanging in the air all around.

Earlier this week I made a big batch of roasted red pepper soup, and whole wheat bread. I asked Weston what kind of bread I should make and he said, "vegetable." So, we did. He prescribed onions, carrots, little round fresh peas and feta cheese. It was great. We called it Weston bread, and it was especially good for grilled ham and cheese sandwiches.

Tonight the boys are cracking up with Daddy reading Amelia Bedelia and putting in extra funny things that aren't in the book. My dad does that too.

Now they are placing their drink orders with Daddy: "Three icecubes and Rosebud water in mine" (that's Weston.) "Two ice cubes and could you please warm up this hot bag?" (Donovan).

We went to the church this afternoon to paint the backdrops for the Silent Night play I'm directing for the Sunday Schoolers. It was so stressful. I was painting and the boys were kicking around a beach ball and I could just imagine paint stamped all over the floors and walls from that bouncing ball. The boys kept running around and and not sticking to the task of helping. I was fuming. It took so much of the joy out of the project. I don't think I deserve to be thanked for all the work I put into it now because I had such a bad attitude toward everyon. But then, Tim Hildebrand and David and Trish and Kalena and even the boys started to help and we ended up staying long and nearly finishing. It looks great. But I am still humbled by my wavering spirit. I also think I'm in for a stiff back.

Today Donovan said, "Who in their right mind would choose to die?" "Jesus," I said. "Besides him. --Nobody. Because nobody is ever in their right mind." ... Something to think about.

No comments: