Monday, March 22, 2010

It's all good.

Here's a photo shoot with Weston and his new stuffie "Honk" from his brother Donovan. He has a great presence, in front of the camera.

And I like the way Weston thinks: "Nine is four away from five on your way to ten." "That's right", I say, "and how far is eleven from five?" [slight pause as he runs out of fingers] "Six!" Wow. He's brilliant.

We had a beautiful sunny day yesterday and this morning it snowed and this afternoon it's sunny again. Go figure.
Again last night (I'm actually writing this on Tuesday now) last night it snowed super huge frothy flakes and now this morning they're melted away except in the shadows.
Part of me can't believe it's actually spring. I still feel like I'm in a bit of the duldrums, but I need to get with the weather and become more dynamic!
It's been both fun and stressful to audition for voice over work. It always takes longer than you think. But I like getting to vie for work in a field I'm fairly trained in. It's exciting to apply my actor instincts to reads. Dave is mixed in his response as he's the best one to engineer the technical aspects, and that can be frustrating as those factors are tougher to change. So, we've had some late nights and we're both weary.
Today is another full day schedule-wise and I ask God for grace... for myself, my students, and my family.
I should be grateful.

Here's a good old hand held shot with the "pastel" feature engaged. It had been a while since I'd really played with my camera. I'm learning bits from Randall about apperture and shutter speed, etc. but I had to leave the photography seminar early in order to get to my voice lesson. I am a busy girl. Sometimes spending time with Weston is trying because I'm thinking of all the things I should be doing, and actually HAVE to do because I've committed myself... but I know someday I will wish that I had just spent more time with Weston. I'm really still getting to know him.

I wish I could pose like Weston. He's pretty clear who he is and he doesn't have as much pain behind his eyes. But I suppose, that experience that shows in my face is the same warmth and depth of understanding I bring to my voice in auditions for furniture store ads.
It's all good.
It's all full of intention.
It's all... sigh... for the best.

No comments: