Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I've got my health...






The sun has helped.
That, and freshly ground whole wheat bread.
There have been some beautiful sunrises and sunsets and I can feel more daylight on my shoulders as I slip and sludge to class through the melting ice and snow.
I'm stiff though, and I long for good motivation to get out and walk.
Many endeavors and duties are weighing on me, but I will try to be active and not too discouraged.
I'm sort of getting used to my glasses and my right eye does not seem nearly so swollen as I can see fairly well out of it now.
There's a busyness in the air here in Rosebud that is only accelerating because of the upcoming show and construction and students and staff scrambling to keep up.
Dave and I long to add on to our house, but we have some financial constraints which makes for a great deal of discernment.
We loved watching the Olympics the last few weeks. Now we really miss it. It was so thrilling and exciting! The final hockey game was so important to Canada; it was a matter of pride and identity for some. I'm glad they won, but I would be fine with the US winning too. The boys sat in front of the computer with their official "Believe" Snicker's hockey puck bars. --The perfect snack to watch the game invented by Canada. So thrilling... and now almost evaporated with the cold.
Donovan and Weston marched off to kid's choir last night in costume as little architects. I forgot how of course, the costume is the character for them, so they were really into it. They both had on their jackets and ties and little walkie talkies to represent a cell phone. They're so cool.
Tonight is karate and I haven't been in three weeks, so I hope I can catch on.
My mind is still spinning with ideas for my summer show while my BIG show is breathing down my neck. Ahhhh... I need to learn to just work for 20 minutes slots instead of waiting for a two hour chunk -- the two hour chunk may never come.
This next week brings dentist, followed by doctor appointments. Sigh. And then there's taxes. Yech.
I recognize that is not the best attitude.
I should say, "but I've got my health, so what do I care?"
We'll cook our second free turkey tonight and bathe the boys and be grateful for the day.
I should be happy.
I have good reason.
I'm just slow in feeling it.
I miss Helen.
I miss the Olympics.
But the sun is out and I rode my bike today.
I've got my health, so what do I care?

No comments: