Sunday, May 30, 2010

My first born






This, is one of my quirky sons.
This is Donovan.
I usually don't have as many pictures of Donovan because he goes to school full time, as opposed to Weston who goes only twice a week.
So here's a check in with Donovan.
Donovan did very well last week performing his kata in karate and I believe he will receive his yellow belt on Wednesday.
Donovan is still an avid drawer and storyteller.
He has a new story about a purple dragon he's composing on our old computer. (Not sure how he's taught himself to type.)
Donovan still does not like bread, but loves pancakes, waffles, cinnamon buns, hot dogs with buns, and communion bread.
Donovan eats noodles with balsamic vinegar and olive oil about 4 times a week.
Donovan loves Pokemon.
He can tell you all sorts of statistics and characteristics of each one, and he's even created a number of his own.
Donovan loves to swim.
Donovan loves french fries (who doesn't). Donovan loves grapefruit soda. Donovan sleeps with a soft pink blanket he's had since he was a baby and likes the fan on.
Donovan is a very special person, who continues to surprise me with his wit and vulnerability.
Donovan is at the top of his class. I don't really have to say that, but that's what his teacher told me.
Donovan will be nine soon and I keep thinking he's already nine, for some reason.
Maybe because he seems so grown up already.
That's why I love these photos.
Here I see the goofball kid side of Donovan.
He is looking and acting exactly his age.
I love it.

No comments: