Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sometimes the noise may be a blessing!









This day is known as orange juice day in the cleanse.
I still want solids instead.
Today I discovered that yes, it is possible to make a batch of cookies and not eat the dough. Tough, but possible.
David was gone for 13 hours today. That's a long time when one is wanting to work on one's play and do voice overs.
But, the boys had a blast.
They biked, they played, they had a huge mud fight with Xavier, we climbed Hamm Hill where they peed at the top, they ate watermelon and cookies, I patched three of Weston's pants...
It totally felt like summer.
Our lawn mower quit working and our lawn is now a jungle. I heard a mower start up a bit ago and I thought, "Man, I really have to get my voice over recordings in quick, there are so many people mowing lawns!" But then, it got really LOUD, like right outside my window loud, and I looked, and there was my neighbor Vince, mowing OUR yard! How sweet. All this time I was resenting the noise, he was doing me a favor! Dave will be so pleased when he comes home. It's 10pm and the sun is still setting. It's glorious.
This day was so full of summer for the boys.
And I can't wait to eat.
Tomorrow is a church picnic, and I am allowed soup and then salad. Yippee!
Then I'm back to normal eating hopefully by Monday or Tuesday.
So... my play.... will have to wait.
Perhaps that is a blessing somehow, too.
?

No comments: