Sunday, July 11, 2010

Donovan's birthday









Donovan's Magic Birthday: 9 on the 9th, was actually drawn out from the 7th through the 12th.
When we were still in Oregon, Grandma made a special strawberries and waffle breakfast in the dining room. Then we went for bumper boats in Drum to get good and soaked before sitting in the warm sun at opening night for the Passion Play. Donovan got to have sushi for supper and his birthday cake ended up being a chocolate donut with sprinkles!
Dave did a good job in the show and we stayed up late -- seems to be the trend. (even the boys)
On Sunday we got an official ice cream birthday cake from Dairy Queen and invited his Rosebud friends (Halterman boys were missed) and a few Passion Play friends. We played "Whoppers" where you tell two truths and a lie and everyone tries to guess which is the whopper.
Our house has been consistently cluttery and I don't do too much to change it. I came back with such an appetite for voice over work after all that vacation, I was on the computer and garage band every chance I could sense a quiet house!
We got news that Weston got another job: a radio commercial for the San Diego Natural History Museum. Yeah! Weston has the quintessential "cute kid" voice, without even trying, so we're trying to encourage him to make hay while the sun shines by responding to more invitations to audition, but he'd rather just play.
He and Donovan have been re-aclimating (as have I). Actually I've been more hibernating than anything. I haven't ventured out much, but kept my nose to the computer and planning house projects.
I don't know why I have taken so long to catch up on my blog, though. Even though I loaded up the pictures for these last four entries, I actually did not write them until late, late, Friday night July 16. --Not sure why I avoided all that. Maybe I thought processing so many days and experiences would be too exhausting. I'm glad to do it now though, even if it is just a smattering of details and impressions.
What I haven't written about yet is new news from my niece Heidi.
I think I will do that another day, when I'm ready. Right now my heart and mind are too full to get the words right.

No comments: