Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Beautiful spring. Warmth and moisture - both. I’m so surprised at the joy I have discovering little plants sprouting up in my garden after I had lost hope that they would actually germinate and break through the mud above. I can hardly wait to find more. I’ve never grown cucumbers from seed before - or spinach. Three of out tomatoe plants already bit it from frost or deer, so these seedlings are a treat.

Spring has brought some heavy rains and Dave and the boys went puddle riding and all came home with bootfulls of muddy water!

Last week was also full of Passion Play rehearsals and meetings, and a wedding for former Rosebud students Belinda and Michael Bartz. Dave and I found ourselves trying to speak about marriage to these newlyweds and others who had gathered to honor their promises to one another. We both had a lot to say about where marriage goes years from the wedding day than at the start, but it was an interesting, important, and slightly humorous service.



We both really enjoyed the reception as well. The new Merc gave a delicious lunch.

Last Wednesday, Dave left for the U2 concert in Edmonton and was in eager anticipation when I snapped his photo on the porch -- not unlike the first day of school shots I take of the boys!

Donovan loves playing wii and Weston vasilates between the ipad and Lego. Overall, I marvel at how clever they are.








I’m sad that I can’t muster up the will to write the plays that are brewing inside me. But I do work hard at the Passion Play, and I just need rest after that. Also, our whole family is fitting in voice over work, and I’m the chief facilitator of all that.

Writing a bit, even with this blog, helps, so I hope to get back into the habit - if only to help myself see what I’m thinking.

I wish the mosquitos weren’t so present. They are a deterent to running outdoors every few minutes when the urge hits to inhale the fragrant air. The leaves around here are really only about 10-12 days old and lilacs are gorgeous throughout the town.

Just breathe.

No comments: