Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer

I have so much to catch up on.  My life has been saturated with the Badlands Passion Play.  It's been in my thoughts and heart more than I eat or sleep lately.  I must be riding on a double high of summer nights and outdoor theatre, and the sense of a job pinnacle and near finish.
I've had more fun wearing dresses to rehearsal and performances in the last few weeks.  I wasn't sure if I could still run and direct in them, but I can!
It's been an interesting experience starting the let-go right after the late night pushes.
I didn't know my job would entail late night directors meetings post sound meeting post production meeting post show.  Wow.  Two nights in a row I crawled into bed at 3:30am after emailing my notes off for proofing and posting.  Amazing.
And yet... I must be going off adrenaline, because I'm OK.  Yes, I'm sleepy and tired, but I'm thrilled too.
The play is spectacular in it's visual and aural impact.  And I'm so please many have come and enjoy it.
I think I partly love it because there are 2000+ people sitting in the same valley, participating in the same story, either telling it or watching it, and that is remarkable to me.  It makes me weep with the rare beauty of it.  And the weather --- no complaints.  In fact it's been perfect!  No wind.  Sun and warmth with evening coolness, and shade when I needed it.  I feel blessed.
The full moon last week was another beauty, and my heart and mind were so full last night, along with the charged air from a long awaited storm, there was no sleep to be had.  None.  Until about 5am.
Today I went for a brief walk and then had to run. (for a bit anyway).  I love it when that happens.  My spirit and body coincided with the same urge to run, to feel the breeze, to move, to feel strong and agile... at least for a bit.
Summer.
You are here.
I see it in the growth in my garden: thick green tomato branches, bushy cucumbers, new pepper leaves and curling, furling wine colored beet tops!  The earth is wet and warm and I can almost hear the roots drinking and growing from last night's down pour.
I should have taken pictures relevant to my ramblings, but alas, my camera is nearly kaput.  It can not hold a charge for more than 20 seconds.
So instead, I share some overdue photos of Donovan and Weston's last day of school and our family picnic under the snow from the cottonwoods at Partici Park.  Different story, but similar feel to the abundant sunny blessings I feel now,
even in the midst of my tiredness
I feel so alive.
Like the plants in my garden, I thrive on the abundance of light and the sudden surprise of water.
I long to remember these warm fragrant nights in the dead of winter and be ever grateful to soak up the sweetness of life and love when it is offered.
I think I must be near to the center of what I'm made to do when I feel this good.
Thank you Lord







And thanks to Dave too for letting me work full time for a bit.

No comments: