Friday, July 13, 2018

#8 Awareness

Today my online instructor says, "awareness changes everything".

She's probably right.

Because once I am aware of something, whether it be a physical situation, an internal truth, or a universal sense of "something in the air", then it works on me.  I can't unsee it.  In fact, my conscience and problem solving imagination go to work without even waiting to be asked.

There's a problem?  My resourcefulness and desire to fix kick in, even while I'm sleeping!

The opposite of awareness is what keeps me from action.  If I'm not "aware", then I'm not accountable, and I can't float into a fog of no deadlines or responsibility where nothing really gets done except the bare minimum that is necessary.  Although I should add that this fog time can be important for dreaming and a stimulus for new ideas.  It is often when I'm in new territory that inspiration can be ignited.


But even when I am exploring without an express purpose... I am still aware -- tuning, longing for signs and relevance to make peace with my yearning.

And now,
of that
I am
aware.

No comments: