Saturday, July 14, 2018

Lesson 9; Clearing is a state of mind. ...And so is just being.

Here's what I got for today:

"Clearing is not about fixing a problem or reaching for a solution.
It is all about how you relate to the experience."

I know she's right,

and I'm guessing that it is only in the right relation to the experience that you can actually fix a problem or find a solution.

Sometimes I just feel better after I get 10 minutes in to mowing the lawn.  The routine sets in and I know what to do without being all that conscious and my anxiety starts to settle as I am slowly and surely progressing.

There have been some strong winds in the last 24 hours.  Clouds of billowing dust chase down the highway and the sunflowers bend to the southeast.  No hail though.  And no big thunderheads.  Those are more scary and potentially more devastating.  But Davey is grieving his delphiniums as two of the stalks snapped in the gales.

Our flowers have been such a bright spot of joy this summer.

Even the plants I have indoors that soak up and glow in the sun are bringing me a quiet joy with their endurance and complacency.

May I, too, thrive wherever I am planted.

Two of these three were transplanted from another home.

No comments: