Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Aches and Pains

 My life is complicated and compressed right now.

Even though the world is waffling with indecision and uncertainty, there are things to do.  From my vantage point, I need to be assertive, visionary, productive, comprehensive, and tireless.

Big things that are rolling forward and require all hands on deck -- or fewer hands working longer.

Some people can't keep up.  Do I help them, forgive them, ignore them, accommodate them or remember and not ask them next time?  I wish there were more choices.  And there are, but they require more of me, more time, patience, grace and flexibility.

I thought I had a lot of that, but my body is shouting at me to stop -- or to stretch and shift and rest.  

When I'm busy tending to outside projects, my house and my "host" (my body house) start to speak in ways I can't ignore.  I ache, I forget to breath deeply and stretch.  I have acid reflux.  I carry such grief and disappointment -- part of it not my fault, and part of it begs the question of my responsibility in light of the circumstances.

You can't change people.

The solution keeps rising with a similar refrain: Grace, Grace, God give me Grace.

And He does.

When I humble and ask, 

And let go.

And then trust.

And be grateful for His provision.


No comments: